Greenlight Discussion
NorthOfEarth Offline
Administrator

Greenlight Discussion

If you have any questions about the game, post them here.

A few FAQs:

1. The contrast looks a bit low.
The game has crisp, high-contrast graphics. YouTube destroyed the quality because it can't handle moving camera footage. For a better example, see the screenshots on the Greenlight page.

2. It doesn't seem obvious when you hit another player.
Hitting other players is obvious in-game and involves sound effects, animations, and number popups. I disabled the UI and some effects for recording purposes.

3. Why did you include footage of the map being made?
Cult of the Wind features a robust map editor designed to be usable by anyone. All maps are made entirely in-game and can be instantly shared with anyone. The trailer map is approximately 26 kilobytes compressed.

4. What separates this from other third-person shooters?
a) Damage is based on speed, so camping and sniping are impossible.
b) Bonuses are provided for 'flying' in squadrons.
c) Gameplay is extremely vertical, featuring minimal falling damage and the ability to be flung high in the air. When players fall long distances, they enter a 'skydive mode.'
d) Characters are physics-enabled. They bank while turning and have a heavier, vehicular feel. It feels good.
e) Gameplay mechanics are based on level design. Essentially any gameplay mode can be crafted by players based on how they build the maps. It doesn't have to be capture-the-flag or deathmatch. It can be a race, a jumping puzzle, an obstacle course, etc.
04-13-2014 08:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
magicalak Offline
Initiate

RE: Greenlight Discussion

I have a quick question, is there any idea to the price of this game yet? Price will definitely not stop me from getting this game but I just wanted a ballpark estimate.
04-13-2014 09:57 PM
NorthOfEarth Offline
Administrator

I would estimate around $14.99 with a $9.99 launch day deal.
04-13-2014 10:07 PM
vilius19991 Offline
Initiate

Just a quick question, will you be doing a beta for this game and if there is any way of getting in? I would love to get involved in this game as I loved Omegalodon.[/font]
04-14-2014 02:36 PM
Chaz Offline
Initiate

(04-13-2014 10:07 PM)NorthOfEarth Wrote:  I would estimate around $14.99 with a $9.99 launch day deal.

I think this is a perfect price/ idea. The launch day should be able to get the game near the top sellers.

Edit: What kind of video options are available? I want to bump this game up to the max. It would be nice if there was a render resolution so I could do 4k or 5k. Although, I highly doubt there will be a render resolution.
04-14-2014 02:38 PM
NorthOfEarth Offline
Administrator

@vilius19991: There will be an early access beta shortly after the game is Greenlit.

@Chaz: It supports any native resolution. 4k support is really just a buzzword. Most engines can run any resolution you want. There are also options for shadow quality, shadow distance, AA, and effects.
04-14-2014 02:51 PM
Chaz Offline
Initiate

(04-14-2014 02:51 PM)NorthOfEarth Wrote:  @Chaz: It supports any native resolution. 4k support is really just a buzzword. Most engines can run any resolution you want.

So would it be possible to change the resolution the game is rendered in without messing with my monitors settings? (Take Arma/ Dayz for example)

Edit: Will the early access beta be $10 or $15?
04-14-2014 02:56 PM
NorthOfEarth Offline
Administrator

It's possible to render any resolution that your monitor supports. If your monitor is 4k, it will run 4k.

I haven't decided pricing details, but early adopters will pay less.
04-14-2014 03:00 PM
Chaz Offline
Initiate

(04-14-2014 03:00 PM)NorthOfEarth Wrote:  It's possible to render any resolution that you monitor supports. If your monitor is 4k, it will run 4k.

I haven't decided pricing details, but early adopters will pay less.

Awesome.
More things keep popping into my head. Is there SLI/Crossfire support?
04-14-2014 03:02 PM
vilius19991 Offline
Initiate

(04-14-2014 02:51 PM)NorthOfEarth Wrote:  @vilius19991: There will be an early access beta shortly after the game is Greenlit.

@Chaz: It supports any native resolution. 4k support is really just a buzzword. Most engines can run any resolution you want. There are also options for shadow quality, shadow distance, AA, and effects.

The whole early access thing is dissapointing. Is this game multiplayer only or will there be matches against bots or some sort of singleplayer mode?
04-14-2014 03:08 PM